Learning in The Open: To Open Education Week and Beyond!
Open Education Week is a celebration of the global Open Education Movement. Its purpose is to raise awareness about the movement and its impact on teaching and learning worldwide.
Last week was Open Education Week. In its third edition, the global celebration of open and free learning resources and practices has attracted considerable attention — aaaaand open education and open educational resources (OERs) in the Arab World were also discussed in a dedicated hangout thanks to our friends at Creative Commons Arab World.
If you have missed last week’s events, here is a carefully curated catch-up:
- a unique series of posts discussing the multiple faces of open education courtesy the Open Education Blog;
- a precious collection of resources for launching an OER initiative (via @leaton01);
- the OER World Map, released just in time for the Open Education Week;
- the OER Research Hub’s collection of infographics;
- the realm of videos with original perspectives on ‘why open education matters’;
- and, last but not least, a short overview of scholarly litterature on OERs by the Open Education Group.
Image and quote from the Open Education Week website, CC-by 4.0 InternationalPosted on: March 16, 2015, by : rayna